Animal Adoption Center will provide temporary shelter and medical care for rescued cats and dogs for the purpose of finding them suitable and permanent new homes. AAC will educate the community regarding the importance of spay/neuter programs, and promote thoughtful and healthy relationships between pet owners and their animals, in part by providing our adopted cats and dogs with lifetime support.
VISION: Animal Adoption Center will…
…house and care for rescued and unwanted companion animals in a no-kill environment;
…shelter, nurture, and support rescued animals until they find their permanent homes;
…provide necessary care with compassion;
…humanely end the suffering of an animal if it is irrecoverably ill, injured, or incapacitated;
…provide spay/neuter services as needed for rescued animals entering the shelter;
…educate the community regarding the humane care and handling of companion animals;
…be thoughtful and supportive with our animals, our community, our peers, and each other.
- To be a model no-kill shelter, providing suitable and permanent homes in a timely fashion for every animal that can be saved;
- To be an exemplary shelter in Camden County through thoughtful business practices and exceptional customer service;
- To implement an innovative and successful business model for shelter, foster, and rescue partnerships.
- Maintain or increase the number of successful adoptions via existing programs;
- Innovate in working with rescue partners, private animal welfare agencies, and municipal animal welfare agencies to implement new and effective programs to increase adoptions;
- Undertake fiscally responsible business practices;
- Provide transparency regarding operations and finances to constituents and supporters.
2020- Intake- 235 Dogs 73 Cats Outcome- 245 Dogs 84 Cats Euthanasia- 0 Dogs 0 Cats Live Release Rate= 100%
2021- Intake- 372 Dogs 78 Cats 2 Rats Outcome- 331 Dogs 53 Cats 2 Rats Euthanasia- 0 Dogs 0 Cats 0 Other Live Release Rate= 100%
2022- Intake- 788 Dogs 323 Cats 31 Small animals Outcome 753 Dogs 264 Cats 29 Small Animals Euthanasia- 0 Dogs 0 Cats 0 Other Live Release Rate= 100%
2023- Intake- 788 Dogs 323 Cats 31 Small Animals Outcome- 753 Dogs 264 Cats 29 Small Animals Euthanasia- 0 Dogs 0 Cats 0 Other Live Release Rate= 100%
Live Release Rate = Live Release / [Live Release + Total Euthanasia]
* AAC uses Shelter Animal Count National Database along with several other organizations around the country to help positively impact our lifesaving mission. You can visit their website at www.shelteranimalscount.org