Thank you for your interest in volunteering at AAC – your efforts will make a real difference in the lives of our animals!
Volunteering is simple. All you have to do is submit one of our volunteer applications (scroll down for links), submit it through our website and it’s just that easy. Our Volunteer/Outreach Coordinator, Ryan Parks, will let you know the date of the next volunteer orientation, and we’ll take it from there. If you have any questions, feel free to contact us at the shelter!
How you can help!
- Dog walking and socialization
- Cat outdoor play and socialization
- Volunteering at offsite adoption & promotional events
- Assisting with housekeeping, kennel/cage cleaning, and laundry
- Refilling water bowls, or distributing toys, and/or blankets
- Creating kennel enrichment toys for dogs and cats
- Bathing and grooming animals
- Taking animals on field trips
- Organizing and hosting fundraisers for the shelter
- Serving as a volunteer adoption counselor
- Fostering animals
- Transporting animals
- Pet Pal program
- …and more!
Participants must be at least 18 years of age to volunteer at the shelter.
Participants under the age of 18 must have a parent or guardian’s permission.
Participants under the age of 18 must be accompanied or supervised by a parent, guardian, or adult.
Does volunteering with Animal Adoption Center sound like it could be for you? If so, the first step is to fill our our New Volunteer Application. Adults (over the age of 18) can fill out our volunteer application HERE. Younger volunteers (anyone under the age of 18) should fill out our Junior Volunteer Application with a parent or guardian. It can be found HERE.
If you have any questions about the application or about volunteering, in general, please feel free to call us at 856.435.9116.